tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 17 22:29:02 1996

Re: Dr Okrand Speaks -- ben

At 11:21 16/12/96 -0800, charghwI' wrote:
}At least we do get to see that {ben} is a word and not a number
}element. We say {wa'Hu'}, but we don't say *{wa'ben}*. We say
}{wa' ben}.

I think that <wa' Hu'> would, however, be acceptable. I had never noticed
anyone using ben, nem, Hu' or leS without numbers until a few days ago, when
I saw it in some (unposted) beginner Klingon.  Now the rest of this
beginner's sentence was targ droppings, but is there any reason, beyond the
Klingon craving for accuracy, that she cannot say, <ben law' yIn qeylIS> or
<leS ghaytan paQDI'norgh vIlIjpu'>?
---
Qov               [email protected]            tlhIngan Hol ghojwI'

Back to archive top level