tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 17 18:14:08 1996

RE: KLBC: SpaInDaq thlinganpu' !

December 17, 1996 5:35 AM, jatlh Mago:

> SpaInDaq tlhInganpu' vItu'mo' jIQuch !
> (I'm glad because I've found Spanish Klingons)
> (Is it right said that way? I've also thought of
> SpaInDaq tlhInganpu' vItu' 'e' vIQuch!
> )

The second version is not right.  {Quch} usually does not have an object.  You
cannot say *{puq vIQuch} "I happy the child."  Your first sentence is correct.

Please be careful about using non-Klingon words in Klingon sentences.  Do not
use Klingon lettering to write *{SpaIn}.  It certainly isn't pronounced
"Spain" or "Espana."  (What the character code for a tilde?)  Just write the
word normally, and mark it, such as with quotes.

Also, has this finding been completed?  You might want to use {-pu'}.

"Spain"-Daq tlhInganpu' vItu'pu'mo', jIQuch!

> maghomnISba'
> (Obviously, we need to have a meeting!)

bIDo'.  juHwIjDaq motlh tlhInganpu' vIghomlaHbe'.

> *Barrio de Quintana*-Daq 'oH juHwIj
> (My home is in the Barrio de Quintana (a part of Madrid, Spain :) ) )

When using pronouns in "to be" constructions as you have, you must add {-'e'}
to the subject:

"Barrio de Quintana"-Daq 'oH juHwIj'e'.

not "Spain" vISuch.  'IHlaw'.  DuSaQDaq "Spain" Hol vIHaD, 'ach mu'mey puS
vIqaw.  Do'Ha'.

tugh qorDu'wIj Such "German" jupwIj.  "Spain" Hol HaDtaH, 'ej qeq 'e' vIboQ
neH ghaH.  jIjatlh "no recuerdo mucho del Espanol!"

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level