tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 16 07:10:01 1996

Re: KLBC - I fight with a sword.

> December 15, 1996 8:00 PM, jatlh HetaQ:
>
> > I'm a little confused about the structure of the sentence:
> > I fight with a sword.

> > jISuvmeH 'etlh vIlo'
> > For the purpose of fighting I use a sword.
>
> > jISuvvIS 'etlh vIlo'
> > While fighting I use a sword.
But couldn't you just say <'etlh vIlo'>?  I mean, if you're using a sword,
what else would you be doing but fighting?

taDI'oS vIq, law'wI'pu'vaD Holtej jIH
| Thaddaeus Vick, Linguist to the Masses |    [email protected]  -or-    |
|                                        |     [email protected]      |
| gules on a saltire argent voided azure |                           |
| thirteen mullets of the second. Yeeha. | http://www.crl.com/~dvick |