tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 15 12:47:44 1996

RE: KLBC: holy man

December 14, 1996 9:50 PM, jatlh SuSvaj:

> However, if what is meant by "Holy man" is a
> priest or cleric, the best attempt (in fact the only attempt) I have seen
> to describe this was in the KSRP's translation of Hamlet, in which the
> priest was referred to as *lalDan 'utlh*, meaning "religion officer".

toH!  mu'vam vIlIj!  majQa', SuSvaj!

> If
> instead, what is meant is a religious person, then, perhaps, *lalDan
> ghajbogh nuv* (Did I say this correctly SuStel?), meaning "person who has
> religion" would work.

What, you're holding religion in your hand?  There are cases where {ghaj} has
been used to refer to something other than actual possession (the only one I
can think of offhand is {pIch vIghajbe'}), but I don't think it works this
time.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian