tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Dec 14 17:56:52 1996

Re: Stardates...

>I read the page and have one question.  Why do we use the time on this
>planet?  It seems to me that we should have a system of telling time other
>than this planets rotation  and it's orbital path around the sun.  Doesn't

Because every human still lives on earth :)
No use adopting a different system if days remain 24 hours and years 356.25..
days.

> Why not start of with the turn of the century as the starting point and use
>a meteric system of some sort.  For example, one day has ten hours, and each
>hour has ten minutes, and so forth.  Wouldn't this give us a true nanosecond?

Eh? This is exactly the same system, only now hours last longer (as if they
didn't last long enough already :). It's still based on rotation of the earth,
because you still use days and years.

And what is a true nanosecond? You lost me here.

jej

Back to archive top level