tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Dec 14 14:06:59 1996

Re: Stardates...

> http://members.aol.com/dtrimboli/stardate.html

I read the page and have one question.  Why do we use the time on this
planet?  It seems to me that we should have a system of telling time other
than this planets rotation  and it's orbital path around the sun.  Doesn't
the navy use a different means of tracking days when they are in a submarine?
 Why not start of with the turn of the century as the starting point and use
a meteric system of some sort.  For example, one day has ten hours, and each
hour has ten minutes, and so forth.  Wouldn't this give us a true nanosecond?

Back to archive top level