tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 11 13:10:44 1996

Re: KLBC: Houses

Andrew

If by house you mean *Clan* or *Family*, such as the House of Mogh, then
the word to use is *tuq*.  juH refers to the building a family or clan
lives in, not the clan its-self.

SuSvaj

----------
> From: Andrew 'Ska' Netherton <[email protected]>
> To: Multiple recipients of list <[email protected]>
> Subject: KLBC: Houses
> Date: Wednesday, December 11, 1996 12:52 AM
>

> 	How would one talk about the House that they belong to?  When (in
> the near future, after my conquest of Earth) my name is an expression of
> pure honour, how will my worshipers say "House jo'Sqa"?  Would it simply
> be <juH jo'Sqa>?
>
> 	In which case, would these be acceptable?
>
> 	<juH jo'Sqa vItoy' vIneH>
> 	I want to serve House jo'Sqa.
>
> 	<juH jo'Sqa vItoy'meH vIyIn>
> 	I live in order to serve House jo'Sqa.

>  / _ \                                   \         ** Andrew Netherton **
>  \__)|        "VENI, VIDI VINNIE"         \ __     jo'Sqa, tlhIngan
SuvwI'
>      \      I came, I saw my cousin.      |(_ \   Waterloo, Ontario,
Canada

Back to archive top level