tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 11 13:57:18 1996

RE: KLBC: Houses

December 11, 1996 12:51 AM, jatlh jo'Sqa:

> 	How would one talk about the House that they belong to?  When (in
> the near future, after my conquest of Earth) my name is an expression of
> pure honour, how will my worshipers say "House jo'Sqa"?  Would it simply
> be <juH jo'Sqa>?

The word for "house" (as in "clan"), from TKW, is {tuq}.  I suppose you would
say {jo'Sqa tuq} "jo'Sqa's house."

> 	<juH jo'Sqa vItoy' vIneH>
> 	I want to serve House jo'Sqa.

jo'Sqa tuq vItoy' vIneH.

> 	<juH jo'Sqa vItoy'meH vIyIn>
> 	I live in order to serve House jo'Sqa.

jo'Sqa tuq vItoy'meH jIyIn.

Remember, since {yIn} has no object, you need the no-object prefix.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level