tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 09 07:36:08 1996

Re: KLBC: "again"

Whip,

Well, I've been on the net for about three months now and am on four
mailing lists and I must admit that I've been amused by people trying to
unsubscribe from them.  (I can afford to be amused since I'm not the
listowner and needn't respond.)

I read your message on above subject with the same amusement -- you were
far more restrained than I would have expected under the circumstances.
All of your comments were to the point and amazingly restrained.  Most
importantly, they all seemed to make perfect sense to me -- granted I'm too
new to know any better, but it has always seemed to me that you catch more
flies with honey than vinegar.

These berks with their unsubscribe rants are really clueless -- even I can
figure it out:  and I'm a newbie.  By answering in what I would call a
"devastatingly" polite manner, you may even succeed in getting them to GET
A GRIP!

More power to you!  Nice to know the list is in such capable hands!!

Warm regards,
Dave C.

PS -- Sorry to send this to the list, but I had to say something and for
some reason my server (it's in China so you'll have to forgive it!) won't
deliver a message to [email protected] -- go figure!  DLC
  David Lars Chamberlain         mailto:[email protected]
  Member, HTML Writers Guild     http://www.latte.net/~tanuki/