tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 08 12:50:43 1996

RE: KLBC: name & title

December 07, 1996 12:41 AM, jatlh jo'Sqa:

> 	Well, I've finally chosen a name, and have integrated it into a
> modified .sig file.  However, I'm wondering if I've used the correct
> syntax for Klingon.  Translated into English, the syntax is fine, which is
> what worries me.
>
> 	Currently it sits as:
>
> 	<jo'Sqa, tlhIngan SuvwI'>
> 	jo'Sqa, Klingon warrior
>
> However, that seems suspect.  I thought of <tlhIngan SuvwI' jo'Sqa>, but
> wasn't sure if that meant "jo'Sqa is a Klingon warrior" or if it was
> gibberish.  What about <SuvwI' tlhIngan jo'Sqa>?  (Is there a combination
> I *haven't* tried yet??)

The first one, {jo'Sqa, tlhIngan SuvwI'} is good.  If this can be considered a
title or a rank, then the proper place for {tlhIngan SuvwI'} is *after* the
name.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian