tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 08 11:48:41 1996

RE: More Translations...

ja' SuStel:
>>     HablI' Su' labbeH Ready to transmit. ST3
>
>Oh?  Can you make heads or tails of this sentence?  Perhaps an exclamation
>inserted in the middle of a sentence due to excitement?

I awoke in the middle of the night with a perfect understanding of this
sentence, and I was so amazed at how well it worked that I wrote it down
so that I wouldn't forget it in the morning.  In hindsight, it's just so
darn obvious:

It's a command to her computer.

"Data-transcieving-device, attention: prepare to transmit."

The subtitle is wrong, that's all. :-)

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level