tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Dec 07 17:45:47 1996

Re: yuch

> I've always wondered why there is a Klingon word for chocolate (yuch). Is
> it real Terran chocolate (maybe the Klingons import it?) or is it just the
> nearest Klingon equivalent? Of course, this is a really stupid question,
> so no-one has to reply.

	Do Klingons like chocolate?  Is that the reson?  In that case,
it's a wonder Worf hasn't translated "prune juice".  Fruit liquor,
perhaps?  <naH HIq>?

	Tangentially, why is there no word for "liquid" or "beverage"?
Does one have to somehow use the verb "drink" to describe a liquid which
one ingests?  Or is everything a liquor to Klingons??

  / _ \                                     \        ** Andrew Netherton **
  \__)|         "VENI, VIDI VINNIE"          \ __    University of Waterloo
      \       I came, I saw my cousin.       |(_ \      Ontario, Canada

Back to archive top level