tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 05 20:06:50 1996

RE: Why bother with pong?

December 04, 1996 6:38 PM, jatlh JEFF ZEITLIN:

>  That said, I have a question for the list at large - does
>  <<yIngachuqegh>> mean what I think it means, and is it as
>  insulting in Klingon as what I think it means is in English?

You missed a couple of glottal stops.  As for how grammatical it is, I'm not
sure.  It depends on whether {nga'chuq} is a word *{nga'} with a suffix (in
which case, your phrase is not), or if it is a single, seperate word.

I don't know if a Klingon would find this insulting; he'd probably just look
at you strangely.  After all, what's really so insulting about shouting "go
perform a pleasureable reproductive process"?

The Power Klingon tape gives an example of an insult:  {targhlIj yIngagh
yIruch!} "Go mate with your targ!"  Now THAT's insulting!

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level