tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 03 18:42:02 1996

RE: KLBC: greetings

On Monday, December 02, 1996 7:11 PM, jatlh Andrew 'Ska' Netherton:

> 	OK, I'll buy that.  In that case, should each of these 'greetings'
> I hacked together be reworked into commands?

No!  Klingon has only one greeting (this is a fact): {nuqneH}.  By its
meaning, and by the nature of the language in general, it should be obvious
that this is only used when the one who says it actually wants an answer from
the person he's asking it of.  (This has been debated before, though.  If you
want to question it, take it out of KLBC!)

Don't translate greetings.  In Klingon, don't use them at all!

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level