tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 02 15:47:39 1996

KLBC: greetings

> > > This should be a command.  {SuStel, HIjang!} or {HIjang, SuStel!}
>
> It's not a question of force, it's a question of command.  When you tell
> someone "Answer me," you are giving them a command.  Read TKD section 4.1.2.

	OK, I'll buy that.  In that case, should each of these 'greetings'
I hacked together be reworked into commands?

greetings for this (electronic) format:

jIja'
jIneH
jIjatlh
HIQoy  (already a command, but what do you think in any case?)

personal (face-to-face) greetings:

qalegh (Salegh) - acknowledging the fact someone exists (seems Klingon)
ghot SoH - (acknowledging they are a being)

	The last two are based solely on what I would think a Klingon
would do when passing someone they sort-of know in a hallway, if they were
in a good mood.

	Feedback would be muchly appreciated.  *BG* HIjang!

  / _ \                                     \        ** Andrew Netherton **
  \__)|         "VENI, VIDI VINNIE"          \ __    University of Waterloo
      \       I came, I saw my cousin.       |(_ \      Ontario, Canada

Back to archive top level