tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 01 14:34:57 1996

RE: KLBC: compounding

> > 	OK, I've now been wondering about compounding things; not just
> > nouns and nouns, but with verbs as well, to form multi-noun-multi-verb
> > words/phrases.  Is there any restriction on this?
>
> Yes.  Don't do it.

	Gotcha.  jIyaj.

> Variety is the spice of life!  mataHmeH maSachnIS.

	OK, the second one is "We need variety."  But I'm rather confused
with <taH>, "to be at a negative angle".  Could I have some clarification
on that??  (I don't think all Klingons lean, do they?)

> > be' 'IwwI'be'  (woman who does not bleed)  [this looks horrible to say!]
>
> Actually, "woman who does not bleed" would be {reghbe'bogh be'}.  ({regh}
> comes from TKW p.131)

	I realized the other day how very, very wrong that translation
was.  I'm now keeping my translations to myself (trying to) until I
actually start in on the course...

> This does not mean "menopause" to me at all!  Come up with something more
> accurate, which details the situation!  Unfortunately (I suppose), we don't
> have a word for this.  Get used to it.
>
> Why in the world do you want to talk about menopause, anyway?

	I can deal with it.  The only reason I had to try was because it
was there.  It was a challenge.  <shrug>

  / _ \                                     \        ** Andrew Netherton **
  \__)|         "VENI, VIDI VINNIE"          \ __    University of Waterloo
      \       I came, I saw my cousin.       |(_ \      Ontario, Canada

Back to archive top level