tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 26 05:19:35 1996

Re: tlhIngan tIgh question

gheyIl writes:
>I have a question to pose.  On page 7 we are given < DabuQlu'DI' yISuv > as
>"When threatened, fight".  I thought the neutral prefix was used with the
>passive verb ending -lu'.  That would make it < bIbuQlu'DI' yISuv >.  Any
>thoughts?

Check out TKD section 4.2.5:  When {-lu'} is used, "Those prefixes which
normally indicate first- or second-person subject and third person singular
object {vI-, Da-, wI-, bo-} are used to indicate first- or second-person
object."  The verb prefix acts as if the object were the subject.