tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 25 21:23:46 1996

tlhIngan tIgh question

My wife just gave me < tlhIngan tIgh:SuvwI' DevmeH paq >.  I LOVE IT.  I've
lready read it cover to cover twice.  I only saw one typo which jumped out at
me - an admirable feat of editing.  Page 74 has < DujDaj HubtaHuIS Hegh 'e'
tul Hoch tlhIngan >.  The verb ending should of course be -vIS.

I have a question to pose.  On page 7 we are given < DabuQlu'DI' yISuv > as
"When threatened, fight".  I thought the neutral prefix was used with the
passive verb ending -lu'.  That would make it < bIbuQlu'DI' yISuv >.  Any
thoughts?

gheyIl

Back to archive top level