tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 25 06:04:08 1996

Re: Memory trick

On Wed, 24 Apr 1996, Garrett Michael Hayes wrote:

> On 24 Apr 96 at 12:04, William H. Martin wrote:
>
> > It just occurred to me, in trying to remember the difference
> > between {lab} and {lI'}, think of a message as if it were a
> > football. To send it, you {lab} [lob]. To receive it, you begin
> > to say that you are "listening" but before you get to the "s"
> > sound, you get hit in the belly with a Johnny Unitus bee-line
> > pass. {lI'}.
>
> A useful trick... for someone who has a clue how the game is played
> or who Johnny Unitus might be.
>

> Garrett Michael Hayes
> Client/Server Labs; 8601 Dunwoody Place, Suite 332,  Atlanta, GA 30350
> [email protected],  http://www.cslinc.com; 770-552-3646 x243 voice, 770-993-4667 fax
> (Opinions expressed are my own and may not be those of Client/Server Labs, LLC)

Perhaps a more useful illustration would be Pele' performing one of his
world famous kicks from 2 meters away and into ones cojones?  Nearly
everyone is familear with Football even if they aren't with American Football
mayqel

Back to archive top level