tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 22 17:43:34 1996

Re: KLBC & qep'a' question

TrekkieTad writes:
> qep'a' wejDIch vIghoS 'e' vIneH.  qep'a' vIghoSmeH jIHvaD De' lI' HInob.

The first sentence is great, but the second one has a problem.
You can say either {jIHvaD De' lI' yInob} or {De' lI' HInob}.
We know from examples that the verb prefix on {nob} can refer
either to the gift or the recipient, but none of the examples
with the prefix pointing to the recipient also explicitly state
that recipient.  You are combining the two ways of indicating
who receives the gift, and it makes even less sense to me than
the "normal" unusual verb prefix usage.  It might turn out that
this sort of construction is merely redundant, but it doesn't
look right.

You're actually *in* Philadelphia, and you plan to "show up only
one or two days" at the qep'a'??  bISaghbe'ba'!
To answer your question, I quote from HolQeD Volume 4, Number 4:

        Wednesday, July 17th through Sunday, July 21st, 1996
                Best Western Hotel, Philadelphia, PA

  Opening Social * Beginning Klingon Workshop * Panel Discussions
         * the qep'a' Cabaret * Closing Banquet * And More!

Membership Fee:
  In Advance/425    After June 15th/$25    Daily Charge/$10

Room rates are still the same as last year:
  $60 singel/per night    $65 double/per night (plus applicable taxes)

Banquet: $30 (indicate dietary restrictions with payment)

>reH Qapla' boghajjaj.

Ick.  It's grammatical, but why be so wordy and noun-centric?
reH SuQapjaj!