tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 22 06:02:37 1996

KLBC:Interesting times

This is probably bad protocol, not to wait until the BG has dealt with
this. All I can say in my defense was that suddenly, for the first time
in a while, I was motivated to use Klingon :) ... can that be bad? ;)

Rob Newcombe wrote:

> "May you live in interesting times"
>
> A direct translation seemed out of the question, so I played with the word order and came
> up with...
>
> "Interesting times, you live (in them) - <COMMAND>"
>
> poHlIj Daj 'e' yIyIn

All I really wanted to do was try out my version of the curse:

yInlIj Dajjaj!

"may your life be interesting!". Unfortunately it sounds more like the
sort of curse used by accountants, not Klingons :-/ Worse, it may be
Klingon for "get a life". Oops.

> Qapla' nuqHm (Illegal name construction ? - Anybody got a better way of representing
> NEWCOMBE, or even my nickname - "TROLL" ?)

nuQam? :)

-- vanya.

Chris Atherton
[email protected]