tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 22 00:45:30 1996

KLBC:Interesting times

I've been trying to translate ...

"May you live in interesting times"

A direct translation seemed out of the question, so I played with the word order and came
up with...

"Interesting times, you live (in them) - <COMMAND>"

poHlIj Daj 'e' yIyIn

I am a little concerned about using Daj [interesting(v)] adjectivally, and I'm sure that the ['e']
construct is wrong !

Feedback from BG would be greatly appreciated.

Secondly, how long, on average does it take for the market page on KLI to process and
ship orders (Hamlet, KLI membership, KW + PK & CK ($88 - OUCH - poor Mr VISA !)) ?

Qapla' nuqHm (Illegal name construction ? - Anybody got a better way of representing
NEWCOMBE, or even my nickname - "TROLL" ?)

Back to archive top level