tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 19 21:51:31 1996

Re: Honored Soldier

On Fri, 19 Apr 1996, Khartan wrote:
> 	I was writing a story  in which I needed a Klingon ship.  I called the
> ship "quv Sub", which I translated as "Honored Soldier".

This is obviously a KLBC type of issue, so I will leave it to the
Beginner's Grammarian to respond to the mistake that you've made.

> 	I'm truly a beginner, so please don't laugh too much at me.

This, however, I did want to comment on.  When a child is learning how to
use a blade, it is quite natural for him to do things which turn out to
be quite funny.  Nonetheless, he is honoured for his efforts.  I did
snicker at what you have said, but please realise that I hold you in high
regard for putting effort into the language!

janSIy
reH SuvtaHjaj HoStam

P.S. You have reminded me of a message I've been meaning to put up for a
while.  Look at my next message. j

Back to archive top level