tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 19 09:03:19 1996

Re: Interesting constuct...

>Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 01:01:33 -0700
>From: [email protected]

>In tlhIngan tIgh:  SuvwI' DevmeH paq MO consistently uses {Hoch} in front of
>Nouns as if it were a number.  Please note.

Noted.  And noted to Okrand as well

>In my way of thinking, I have been putting {Hoch} in the Noun 2 position.
> Also I have been putting {latlh} in the Noun 2 position.

So have I.

>Comments please.

I mentioned to Okrand that we'd been using Hoch in the second position,
grumbling that we didn't know what he was planning.  This was in a call the
other night to congratulate him on the book.  This was a social call; there
was no script, no prepared questions.  I am very careful not to start
demanding answers from him under those conditions: it isn't fair to put
the man on the spot like that with no warning.  I mention stuff we're
talking about, so he knows what we're thinking, and maybe will decide to
work on it, but that's all.  He said, though, that he HAD worked out
something interesting on Hoch for us, and made it a point to write it down
so he'd be able to tell us (and then he lost the paper, but that's another
problem).  It's just a little tidbit, but it is informative.  I will be
wqriting it up in the next HolQeD, so the *whole* community will be able to
get it, not just the online folks (there are lots of Klingonists who can't
get online, but it's a lot easier to get HolQeD... and if you're not, it's
your own fault. :)

~mark

Back to archive top level