tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 18 02:49:14 1996

mumISmoH (TKW)

p. 7, top: I don't understand the use of the VP for "you->he/she/it" {Da-} with
the indefinite subject marker {-lu'}. The two don't seem to work together. For
that matter, {Da-} seems to be the wrong prefix for the verb "threaten" in that
proverb; {Du-} would seem to be a better choice.

There will probably be many, many more that confuse me; this is just the first
that I spotted.

-- David Wood, Freelance Computer Consultant
("Freelance" is just a cheesy way of saying "Irregularly Employed")

Back to archive top level