tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 16 14:47:30 1996

Re: Interesting constuct...

In a message dated 96-04-16 11:11:15 EDT, charghwI' wrote:

>{-logh} is a suffix specifically intended for use with number
>words. {pagh} is a number word, and while the meaning may be
>rather odd, {paghlogh} does look grammatically correct.

Why do you say the meaning is odd?  You accept {wa'logh} easily enough, yes?
 I'm sure you even accept {Hutlogh} without a problem.  The former is
translated with a special word: "once."  The latter does not have its own
word; it is translated as "nine times."  So why be uncomfortable with
{paghlogh}, "zero times"?  Because it never occurred to anyone before?

SuStel
Hovjaj 96292.5

Back to archive top level