tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 17 08:53:53 1996

Re: Interesting constuct...

>Date: Tue, 16 Apr 1996 14:54:41 -0700
>From: [email protected]

>word; it is translated as "nine times."  So why be uncomfortable with
>{paghlogh}, "zero times"?  Because it never occurred to anyone before?

Heh.  It occurred to *me* at least a year ago (maybe two), or whenever I
wrote that translation of the Four Questions... :)  I remember when I told
Krankor about it he loved it; he thought it was a good way to show a very
non-English way of doing things (we don't say "none-ce" [as in once, twice,
thrice... not to be confused with "nonce"]) in English, but why not in
another language?

~mark

Back to archive top level