tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 16 07:01:57 1996

Re: Ruch as a Transitive Verb

According to [email protected]:

> I need to find the reference; it is in Hamlet.
>
> It says wIruch.....
>
> Previously I had used {ruch} transitively and ghunchu'wI' advised me that he
> "thought" {ruch} is only intransitive.  I am simply pointing out that I still
> think it is either transitive or intransitive, with Hamlet's backing.
>
> peHruS

Please realize that while Hamlet is a wonderful work, it was
not done by Okrand and is not canon. The authors and
grammarians have done their best, but in particular, Nick, for
all his genius, took liberties with the grammar in order to
achieve the amazing feat of rhyming meter for the bulk of the
text. I'd not like any random piece of this great work used as
canonical justification for other useage.

Besides, remember that Hamlet is not necessarily written
entirely in "modern" Klingon...

charghwI'
--

 \___