tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 15 22:11:25 1996

Re: Mature Adults

I will not recommend our taking over the language unless MO does relinquish
it to us.  Then I would suggest that the KLI be the central organization for
adopting new words, even if individuals submit coinages.

In Israel, for example, there is a Bureau for new words and they are the
final authority no matter how many words are arbitrarily coined by authors in
general literature.

In America, apparently new words are coined by anybody.  If they catch on,
they get used.  Elsewise they simply never make it.  Edgar Allen Poe coined
"chortle" without seeking permission from anyone.

But, so far, since tlhIngan Hol is the property of MO, S&S, Paramount, I go
along with the tacit agreement that individuals do NOT coin words ourselves.
 And, oh boy!!! have I got a lot of ideas for new words I'd just love to
incorporate into Klingon.

peHruS

Back to archive top level