tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 15 20:02:40 1996

Re: qaSovlu' jIneH

[email protected] wrote:

> Did you not read the message? *NAMES* don't always follow the rules. Other
> stuff does. I assume you have never watched the show, as I'm sure you would
> have noticed Worf's name. (You *do* know he's the Klingon, right?)

> maregh

Well, I know he is Klingon, the only problem I had about it was that
his name is pronounced not *exactly* the way TKD states the rules.
Baut that is also the case with many words on the CK and PK cassettes:
especially "tera'ngan" which is pronounced completely without "e"
as if "tra'ngan". So I have accepted that the short vowels may almost
disappear in pronounciation when they are followed by a syllable with
an *'* in the end.
So I supposed his name to be written some other way than I hear it
and I have found it written "worIv".

qay'be'.

macheq

lasciate ogni speranza voi qu'entrate