tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 15 20:02:06 1996

Re: qaSovlu' jIneH

[email protected] wrote:

> >I feel disappointed. I thought Vulcan & Ferengi would be at least similarly
> >elaborated, maybe only less popular. I have immediately lost all my
> >admiration for Star Trek (which - bad or good - never was too high, I have
> >to admit).
>
> Oh, really? A TV show has to be completely and fully thought out and
> developed before it's worthy of your respect? Nothing is perfect. In any
> case, if you don't like Star Trek, why learn Klingon?

It's certainly not the problem of "being completely and fully thought
out and developed" nor of "being worthy of my respect?"
bIjatlh 'e' yImev!
It's just not 100% in my style. Don't I have right to dislike it?

I don't believe in "anything perfect"

In any case, I learn Klingon because I like it, the language!

> Here's a tip--don't read Phil Farrand's Nitpicker's Guides. You'd probably
> have a heart attack.

Well, I have tried my best but I didn' succeed. But I didn't like the book
either. To tell you the truth, the series seems much more interesting.
I've never seen the ST cinema movies.

> maregh

Qapla'

macheq