tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Apr 14 21:52:18 1996

KLBC: It's been so long...!

Dear Beginner's Grammarian,

I'm not new to tlh. H., but it's been a long time since I've
been active! I want to try:
 "That which does not kill me makes me stronger."

I have divided this into 2 parts and have 2 alternatives for
each half.

1. muHoH 'e' lujbogh vay'       OR:
   muHoHbe'bogh vay'

AND: 2. HoSwIj Dub 'oH    OR:
        HoSwIj DubmoH 'oH.

The final construction I prefer is:

muHoH 'e' lujbogh vay' HoswIj DubmoH 'oH.

Could I have your expert advice, please?

{Regarding part 2, I don't really understand what is meant by
 'transitivity' as it applies to verbs, but I have a feeling it
 is an issue that applies in this case. Can you please help me
 out on this?}

Many Thanks,

PaulM (author of "Qu'Hom", {jatmey paq wa'})

Back to archive top level