tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Apr 13 11:58:46 1996

Re: qaSovlu' jIneH & KLBC

At 20:23 10-04-96 -0700, you wrote:

>Nope.  tlhIngan Hol is unique in that it was specifically commissioned to
>sound both "alien" and consistent.  Its creator turned it into a complete
>language with a decidedly unusual grammar, and gave it enough power to be
>useful; our ability actually to communicate using it is what makes it the
>only "popular" Star Trek language.  The snippets of Vulcan are just a few
>words here and there, plus a small amount of dialogue that was chosen for
>its ability to match the mouth movements of actors speaking English.  And
>I don't know that anyone has ever tried to collect the samples of Ferengi
>speech that have been presented.

The next-best thing to Klingon might be(come) Kardassi, the language of the
Cardassians. Someone invented that for him/herself and now it's gone that
far that there might be a possibility of Paramount giving out a "Cardassian
Dictionary".... (Source: Warp 10).

Qapla'
peSHIr

          Jarno Peschier, [email protected], 2:2802/245.1@Fido
      162:100/100.1@Agora, 74:3108/102.1@QuaZie, 27:2331/214.1@SigNet
     What was was, before was was was? Before was was was, was was is.

Back to archive top level