tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 08 12:08:49 1996

indexing all Klingon words was: Re: Is it out there?

ghunchu'wI' wrote:

> I think most of us agree that it's inappropriate to distribute a complete
> word list.  There's a real benefit to going through the dictionary page by
> page and copying the vocabulary by hand.  This also applies to some extent
> to the words revealed in the audiotapes.

I don't agree. Although I can see the benefits ot your position. I am
not blind either to the benefits of the other position.
Everybody might check his/her own vocabulary.

I even have an idea of a new project for the KLI:
It could be called CAT (Computer Assisted tlhIngan-Hol).

With the aid of Computer make a list of all possible words in Klingon
by joining roots with all possible affixes.

That will create word we don't even dream of now.

I remember a similar project in Esperanto which succeeded in creating words
like "Esperantozauro" and alike.

The other thing I am now finishing working on is the index of all words
appearing in the texts of KLI on ftp.
It will give all words and their location, not meaning.
You can use them for viewing others' translation efforts or use them for your
word processor's spell-check.

When I am finished I will upload it to KLI.

macheq

lasciate ogni speranza voi qu'entrate