tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 10 15:20:03 1996

Re: TLHINGAN-HOL digest 461

"William H. Martin"vo' ghoS:
> According to David Barron:
> > > I always wondered what the {tlhIngan-Hol} equivalent of the English
> > > "Spam" would be. I can imagine Klingons chanting this in a diner, much
> > > like the original MPFC episode...
> > > Ha'DIbaH       animal meat
> > > Nowhere near! Does anyone else have some suggestions?
> > How about:
> > Ha'DIbaH lI'Ha'
> Ha'DIbaHHey.
> Ha'DIbaHqoq.

Very nice, very accurate... (Veeeeery nice, charghwI') but not very chantable.

It needs to be more abrupt and more pronounced. And most importantly, it should
be (I'm pointing this out for the non-poets) ONE SYLLABLE! :)

Try "qagh:" it's short, it's harsh, and repeated it should have the effect you
want. What could be funnier than a dozens Klingons sitting around a diner and
spitting in unison?

-- David Wood, Freelance Computer Consultant
("Freelance" is just a cheesy way of saying "Irregularly Employed")

Back to archive top level