tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Apr 06 13:00:03 1996

iambic pentameter

>From Dr. Schoen's Hamlet Press Release:

"The end result: a translation complete with rhyming iambic pentameter, but
in the original Klingon!"

Could someone please explain exactly what iambic pentameter is?  I tried
looking it up in the dictionary, but that only led to a maze of other
definitions I had to look up.  I've known this phrase for years, but I have
yet to find out precicely what it means!  I understand only that it has to do
with whether syllables are long or short, and how they're arranged.

SuStel
Hovjaj 96265.2

Back to archive top level