tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 02 18:52:42 1996

Re: Klingon mood music

jI'qel wrote:

>Okay, here's something I just came up with off the top of my head, so no
>nasty staring and pointing fingers and saying, "What planet is *she* from?"

ghobe'.  It makes perfect sense.  I've been trying to find music to use with
my costume presentations.

>What kind of music would y'all suggest for setting a Klingon-type mood? I
>mean, we don't exactly have any volumes of Klingon Opera sitting around at
>home (at least I don't). Ideas? The best I can come up with at the moment
>would be something martial. I know I have a copy of Holst's "Mars" from "The
>Planets" .... ::shrug::  Anyone? Bueller?

And wouldn't you know that was one of the pieces.  I find the "Heavy Classix"
and "Power Classics" collections help the mood.  But my favorite mood peice
is Carl Orff's "Carmina Burana."   (Jerk of a guy, but great music.)  The
part everybody uses is 'O Fortuna.'  But listen through the whole thing.  And
read the lyrics... gnashing teeth, maidens wanting to give up their virtue,
great stuff.

r'Hul - who's actually only used the Hawaiian War Chant in competition.

Back to archive top level