tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 02 08:50:55 1996

Re: Nice picture & KLBC

Daniel writes:
>...You don't say batlhbe' when you mean batlh, that would be stupid, and
>it could get you killed.

Actually, it could work a bit to your advantage to say it.  You could attack
your opponent as he pauses to figure out what you meant.  My understanding
of the language gives me only one possible interpretation: "honor's woman."
If you said that when you meant "honor" you'd get a bunch of confused looks.

marqoS writes:
>...{batlhbe'} and batlh are opposites...

Neither {batlh} as noun nor {batlh} as adverb can take a verb suffix {-be'}.
We've recently found out that {batlhHa'} is a legal adverb which means the
opposite of {batlh} the adverb; perhaps that's what you're referring to?