tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 02 10:14:11 1996

Re: the casual use of {nuqneH}

Joe Steger writes:
>> I note a disturbing trend here -- three different people have posted new
>> messages with the subject "nuqneH" in the past few days...
>
>Would you prefer "HI'Ij" ?

Definitely not as a subject line!  That's as bad as {nuqneH}; it doesn't
describe the note at all.  As a preface to a note, I don't mind the idea.

Of course, I also dislike this use of the prefix {HI-}, and in this case
I think it's even less appropriate than something like {HInob}.  {'Ij}
is given as "listen", not "listen to", so it doesn't sound right to me
with any object at all.  If you simply *have* to say something like this
before you really start your message, I like {HIbuS} or {peqIm} better.