tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 02 06:50:32 1996

Re: Klingon CD-ROM!

[email protected] (Matt Gomes) writes:
\   The only real big disappointment was that, as I was looking at the
\   screens, the pIqaD was wrong.  I asked if they decided to do that
\   for "artistic" things and the lady (Cheryl) said that she didn't
\   KNOW that the pIqaD had sounds associated with the characters and
\   that she wished she knew!
\
\   How did we let THAT slip though?
Well, in point of fact, the orthography does *not* have any sounds
associated with it, at least not officially.  There is a mapping used
by the KLI, but it is not sanctioned by either Marc Okrand, Mike Okuda,
or Paramount.

Still, since the mapping is out there, it would have been nice to use
it.  That way you get the pretty pictures for those who don't care and
those who do can't complain either. :)

-marqoS

--
Mark J. Reed
Email: [email protected] - Voice: +1 404 315 6296 x158 - Fax: +1 404 315 6407

Back to archive top level