tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 01 08:01:24 1996

Re:KLBC Indians (Re: toughie)

>"Indians" got lost in the translation, so it loses a little context.
>[I've occasionally considered describing them as {Sungmey wa'DIch}.]

First natives, that may be fine in US, but the first natives in my country
are Dutch. You could say "Sungmey poS Hatlh wa'DIch"="First (as seen on a
map) left country natives". The left country revering to the left continent,
America. I'm not 100% sure about the possition of "poS", "Hatlh" and
"wa'DIch" in reverence to each other, and I think -lu' should be in there,
but I'm not sure.

Qapla'

Daniel

Back to archive top level