tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Sep 26 21:19:27 1995

Re: }} "Finally!"

At 06:45 PM 9/26/95 -0400, William H. Martin wrote:
>According to David Barron:
>>
>> I have always lemented the lack of a Klingon expression for "Finally!"
>>
>> How does <jIloSqu'pu' jay'> work to fill the void?

>I've thought about this and have decided that the reason there
>is no good word for it is that it is an unKlingon expression
>simply because a Klingon would not silently wait and then walk
>up and say, "Finally!" when the other person is ready.
>
>A Klingon would walk up BEFORE the other person is ready and
>say the magic word:
>
>DaH!

Ah...I see.
And when the task has FINALLY been accomplish the typicle
Klingon will simply glare at the offending person and storm off.

That *does* sound very Klingon.

>charghwI'
david

                       David Barron  [email protected]
        Klingon Language Postal Course,   PO Box 37, Eagle ID 83616
              It's FREE! Send Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope.
                         Not available by E-mail, so dont ask.

Back to archive top level