tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Sep 22 15:40:19 1995

Re: }} DIGEST V1 #60

>But perhaps a simple way you could say it is: {ngab rIntaH pagh.} (Nothing
>completely vanishes.)

I especially like rewording English sentences in order to translate the
meaning we wish to convey in Klingon.

In the abovementioned example of Klingon, I am impressed with the succinct
usage of the word <rIntaH>.  ngab rIntaH pagh means, as we well are able to
decipher, "nothing has finished disappearing to the extent it will not
reappear."
      ^^^^^^^^^
I like the usage here to extend the present tense, which we all know Klingon
does not even recognize.

peHruS

Back to archive top level