tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 25 12:08:02 1995

Re: WOTW and test

On Sun, 22 Oct 1995, Anthony Curran wrote:

> Is anyone attempting to transcribe the Hol in Way of the Warrior (someone
> with a better ear than me, I hope).  I know most of it will probably turn
> out to be pretty bad, but we may get some interesting topics for discussion
> out of it.
>
> One of the phrases I've worked on came from Jadzia Dax, in the scene where
> she and Worf first meet.  What I hear is this:
>
> luq, 'ach jIchimtaHlaw'
>
> qo'ran

The novelization of "The Way of the Warrior" states that, what she said
was, "Yes, but I'm alot better looking than he was."

On another 'note.'  The song sung by Worf and his father's old friend,
Huraga, is translated in the novelization as follows:
	"And the blood was ankle deep...
	And the River Skral ran crimson red
	  On the day above all days
	When Kahless slew evil Molar dead!"

Of course, if you remember the music, you can sing this in English along
with the notes.  It's pretty clear that what they were singing was not
tlhIngan Hol.

Kordite, Executive Officer, IKV Dark Justice, KAG

Back to archive top level