tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Oct 22 11:23:59 1995

WOTW and test

I haven't received anything from the list in a few days, so this message is
a test more than anything else.  But rather than burn up bandwidth on just
a test, I'll include some content.

Is anyone attempting to transcribe the Hol in Way of the Warrior (someone
with a better ear than me, I hope).  I know most of it will probably turn
out to be pretty bad, but we may get some interesting topics for discussion
out of it.

One of the phrases I've worked on came from Jadzia Dax, in the scene where
she and Worf first meet.  What I hear is this:

luq, 'ach jIchimtaHlaw'

or

Okay, but I am apparently deserted (empty).

That's the closest thing I can come up with that sort of fits the context.
I know the <-taH> and <-law'> suffixes are in the wrong order, I can't
think of another interpretation.  Any ideas?

qo'ran

Back to archive top level