tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 20 09:29:56 1995

Re: TLHINGAN-HOL digest 267

According to [email protected]:

> qaStaHvIS wa' ram loS SaD yab maw'laH jatlhbogh be'

> I need some help with a Klingon name. My Hebrew name translates to English
> as "love," but I don't think I can call myself "bang" with a straight
> face.
> tuQaH!

When you are ready to choose a Klingon name, then you will be
ready to HAVE a Klingon name. Many newcomers request help
finding their name and after trying to help many fine one, and
having discussion go on for a long time and then each person
makes up their own which has little to do with any of the
suggestions, I've decided that if you want a name, you will
choose one just as well with no help as with one.

It can be a word that means something or it can be a sound that
means nothing. It is generally considered to be better to
follow the rules of sounding like a Klingon word, but as r'Hul
and trI'Qal and others can prove, this is not a requirement.

charghwI'
--

 \___
 o_/ \