tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 20 07:16:45 1995

Re: The Page and fear.

>Date: Thu, 19 Oct 1995 23:21:48 -0700
>From: "Matt Treyvaud, P.A." <[email protected]>

>Fear. Is there a noun for fear in CK or PK? Or HolQed? What I'm after is
>a way to say 'They are afraid of us'. The problem is that in this
>sentence 'fear' is the verb so the -vIt suffix has nothing to dangle on.
>Is there a way to get around this, or do we just have to specify why they
>are afraid? (eg 'They fear being killed by us' or whatever)

On the one hand, you're probably better off phrasing it so that you can use
"-vIp", when that's possible.  It's likely the Klingon way of looking at
things.  But -vIp really only talks about fear of doing something, so it's
not all that flexible.  I had the same problem in Jonah, until someone
pointed out a useful word to me:

"Haj"

Use it well.

~mark