tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 19 10:49:31 1995

Re: Hoghvam bom

According to Jarno Peschier:

> I've read. If I get more time I should subscribe to that KLI tlhIngan
> Hol magazine (HolDaq isn't it?). Klingon really interest me!

It's HolQeD and Lawrence Schoen would love to sell you a
subscription. Rarely will you get a chance to purchase such
coolness for so little funds.

> > >           Jarno Peschier, [email protected], 2:2802/245.1@Fido
> > yoDtargh
>
> I haven't thought of a good Klingon name (or "Klingonised"
> name). Also, my Klingon is really lousy; I have to look almost
> everything up in TKD.
>
> Qapla'

Well, you happen to have one of the few names that could be
Klingon. (A Klingon could read your name and pronounce it,
provided he could recognize the alphabet). I could have gone by
{wIl}, but chose charghwI' instead, deciding that the link was
"William, the Conqueror".

> --
>           Jarno Peschier, [email protected], 2:2802/245.1@Fido
>      What was was, before was was was? Before was was was, was was is.

This is something that positively would NOT translate into
Klingon, since they have no tense. Hmm.

'oHpu' 'oHchoHpu'pa' 'oHpu''e', nuq 'oHpu' 'oHpu''e'? 'oH 'oH
'oH'e'.

Note: This is EXACTLY as dreadful in Klingon as it was in
English. Maybe worse.

Definitely worse.

Before had been had begun to be had been, what had had been
been? It was it. 'oH'egh'a'?

jIH'eghchu'! latlh jIHlaHbe' 'ej latlh jIHchoH vIneHbe'qu'!

charghwI'
--

 \___
 o_/ \