tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 19 10:50:57 1995

Klingon Swords / Pictures on ftp.kli.org

  The pictures of the Klingon swords are on the FTP site, so everyone who is
intrested in them should take a look (or anyone who wants to try to guess
the place on David Barron's body the tattoo is, hey, a contest idea!).
  They won't be shiney when you get them, they won't have the leather on the
handles when you get them either, what you'll have is a chuck of aluminum in
the shape of a Klingon sword. Polishing them will not be too difficult, any
type of buffing wheel with the proper media will do fine, I'm sure you can
locate a local person under the listing of "metal finishing" in the yellow
pages. You never know, you might  like the way it looks when you get it and
leave it at that.

  I can say this though, I'm not marking up the cost of the metal (at my
father and I's machine shop, standard is 33% markup) and I'm not marking up
the cost of the cutting (again, 33% is standard). I am however adding $5 on
to keep for myself (I do actually have to do some work to get them made),
the $10 add on for non-kli members is kinda my way of trying to get people
to join KLI, as I said, the 10 dollars extra from non-kli member is going
right to KLI.

  It's up to you all if you want them, either way is fine with me, but the
more orders I get, the cheaper everything becomes..

Jim
[email protected]
(also, let's keep any questions and such in private email, no sense
cluttering up the list with too much of this stuff)

Back to archive top level