tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 18 09:51:44 1995

Re[2]: Hoghvam bom

david b. wrote:

>It is a new word introduced by the tlhIngan Hol Diety himself,
>Marc Okrand, in HolQeD (The Journel of the Klingon Language
>Institute.)

>Yet another reason to join the KLI.

Not very nice david.  (As r'Hul shakes her finger at him.)

Hi Althea, I'll also welcome you to the list.  And I'll also tell you about
<bom>.

        bom = sing (v)
        bom = song (n)

I asked Okrand about that word 2 weeks ago.  Do you know the beginning of the
song "Mr. Sandman"?  You know where it goes, "Bom, bom, bom, bom," etc.?  Well,
he was thinking along those lines. (Now, not precisely that song, but the idea's
the same.)

r'Hul
Klingon Kleavage Klub for Women

Back to archive top level